One question commonly asked by many clients, is if I could do one thing to increase SEO, what would it be?
Here is our answer:
The number 1 task you need to do to increase
natural SEO rankings would be to:
8 reasons why:
- Rank for Content & Context. Google ranks websites based on content and context. The more interesting content you can produce on your website related to a specific variety of services or topics the more people will find your website looking for advice or information on these specific topics.
- Backlinks. The more pages you create, the more backlinks to your website you create. When people start finding your information based on search this will increase your backlinking score on Google. Google itself has the highest domain measured domain authority, so backlinks coming from Google are of the highest quality backlinks.
- Engage Audience. You are creating great content for users to see every time they visit your site, which keeps them coming back to your pages. Not only is this great to help visitors remember your brand, but when Google sees more visitors linking through your website and content, that will increase your SEO factor.
- Re-indexing. Google sees constant updating of your site as a reason to re-index information. This will help increase the number of times BOTS used for indexing come to your site to re-index new information.
- Keyword Rankings. You can blog for key topics and keywords you are targeting for SEO (and I don’t mean spamming keywords, real content related to those keywords) This will help increase your quality score among your competition.
- Expanding Audience Reach. You can expand the audience you with topics related to your content by being creative and expanding topics you address on the blog. For example if you are a dentist, you can write articles with dental tips, health tips, eating tips and more. Someone may not at that time be interested in a dental service but could still link to your blog to read other health information. Someone who may never have visited your site before, just read your health article. In the future when looking for a dentist they may search you, remember you, they could even refer you. Who knows!
- Long Tailed Key Searches. Increase long tailed (multiple words or sentences searched) keywords by blogging about highly searched long tailed searches in your area of interest. When you do Google searches for short keywords, you will also see multiple words displayed together at the bottom of the Google search page. These are searches related to the search you just performed. These searches can include more words together and even sentences and questions.
- Sharable Content. You are now creating content that can be shared on social media, newsletters, emails and more. You are building a base of content you can use for other promotional and SEO purposes.
Building a blog and content for your blog is the building block of any successful SEO program.